MyCAA Financial Assistance

For Military Spouses


Chat Button
7:00am to 5:00pm PST - Mon-Fri

MyCAA Account


Search What
You Are Looking For

Use Google customized search to search
the entire site and find what you are
looking for Fast!

Military Education > Military Spouses > Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)

MyCAA - Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

MyCAA - Military Spouse Tuition Assistance

The Department of Defense's expanded Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program (MyCAA) will provide up to $4,000 of financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing associate degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.

What is MyCAA?

Are you the spouse of an active duty service member? You may be eligible for no-cost education through the Department of Defense's (DoD) Military Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program. The program provides eligible spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance towards their education. Click here to find out more detail about MyCAA

How to Get Started with a MyCAA

Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA website ~ Once spouse profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify spouse DEERS benefit eligibility. Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their Career and Training Plan and request FA when they are within 30 days of course start dates. Additionally, spouses are responsible for applying to their selected school or program and enrolling in each course included in their approved MyCAA Career and Training Plan.


Embed The "MyCAA" Infographic on Your Website: Copy and Paste the Code Below

Who Is Eligible for MyCAA?

Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2, as well as the spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders.

Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.

What Will a MyCAA Account Cover?

A MyCAA account covers tuition for associate degree programs and vocational training courses that lead to licensing and/or industry certifications. This includes state certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications; licensing exams and related prep courses; Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes including those offered through professional associations; and degree programs leading to employment in Portable Career Fields. MyCAA also pays for high school Completion courses, GED tests and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.


Learn more now - check out these popular MyCAA Q&A's and make an informed decision about your future.

Get Free